Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Turd Throws Rocks

Yesterday was pretty draining (I feel like I need a blood transfusion.)  So I didn't make it out of bed in time for a proper tea.  I'm sitting here with cold tea listening to my child ramble over her breakfast and thinking about how the Turd has a radar that goes off when I get too close to my Father and he immediately starts throwing rocks to try and force me to retreat. 

Right now I think he's even using my child to wear me down.  To that I say, "Hey...Turd...PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!"

A bigger rock that was hurled our way yesterday was news of a friend's ovarian cancer.  This news is especially shocking to me in light of the fact that my friend is the second wife of our friend whose first wife also died of cancer.  My first thought was "Really, God? Is this a joke?!"

Not very spiritual, I realize.  But as I pondered the fairness (or rather lack of fairness) of this situation, I received a pretty powerful thought.  It went something like this:

"Unfair?  Do you want to talk about unfair?  The cross.  The cross is what was unfair."

Obviously I have no argument for this.

At the same time, I found this thought extremely comforting.  The God of the universe came here to suffer and die to cover my faults...which is probably the absolute most unfair thing I can imagine.  I don't really need to sit here and ponder what's fair.  It's all covered. 

Isn't it amazing how God can take a stone the Devil throws and turn it into a cookie?  Might not be my favorite flavor (and I admit I pouted about that...) but I never met a cookie I wouldn't eat.  :)  I wish my tea wasn't cold...

Man...I hope I never get over His largeness and power ever again, even in struggles.

Please pray for my friend.  I know a lot of people who sure would love it if she we made whole again.  And I also know that I (and surely many others) will need an awful lot of strength to accept anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment